The long-term mechanism of talent training is one of the five long-term mechanisms established by the current Government. In order to better implement the talent training work, the Government established the Talents Development Committee in 2014, the work of which is to establish a sound talents development system for the SAR so that the residents can fully develop their personal talents. The Committee has three basic functions:
- Forecast of talent needs (The Panel of Planning and Evaluation)
- Talents training and Incentive strategy (The Panel of Talents Training Programs)
- The use of talent resources (The Panel of Encouraging Return of Overseas Macao Talents)
Certification Incentive Plan
"Talent Training and Certification Incentive Plan"
The Talents Development Committee and the Macao Foundation have jointly launched the "Talents Training and Testing Incentive Plan", residents are encouraged to further study and participate in certificate tests to continuously improve their professional skills; at the same time, cultivating various types of talents for the Macao SAR.
Catalogue of rewards
The catalogue consists of two parts: catalogue of rewards for language skills tests, and catalogue of rewards for industry-oriented certification tests. Macao residents who have reached the designated level listed in the below catalogue during the reward scheme period can apply online. If they have been awarded in the same certification before, the examination level must be higher than the previous rewarded level. MOP 1,000 will be granted for each successful application.
- "Talent Training and Certification Incentive Plan" - Prospectus in 2022 (in Chinese or Portuguese only)
"Professional Certificate Examination Reward Scheme"
For meeting the demands of the government and development of the industry, In 2022, two sub-programs regarding incentives to obtain professional certification in the financial and information technology fields will be added to the ‘Incentive Scheme for Personnel Training and Certification’ to encourage employees in these fields to expand their career skills and professional growth through taking professional certification examinations.
- “Incentive Scheme for Professional Certification in Modern Finance – 2022” Application Procedure (in Chinese or Portuguese only)
- “Incentive Scheme for Professional Certification in Information Technology – 2022” Application Procedure (in Chinese or Portuguese only)
"Talent Training and Certification Incentive Plan" Reward Situation
- 2017.11.01 - 2018.12.31
- 2019.01.01 - 2019.12.31
- 2020.01.01 - 2020.12.31
- 2021.01.01 - 2021.11.30
- 2022.01.01 - 2022.11.30
- 2022.01.01 - 2022.12.31
"Certification Center Information Platform"
In order to publicize and promote the relevant national, international or Macau accredited vocational certificates, their registration procedures as well as training courses, the "Certification Center Information Platform" was built in May 2017. It Combines the incentive measures of certification to continuously encourage residents to study for certificates. It is hoped that through the training and certification, residents' skills can be strengthened, and their mobility can be promoted.
- "Certification Center Information Platform" (in Chinese only)