- Free trade zone with separate tax jurisdiction.
- Integrated with the Mainland, EU and Portuguese-speaking countries.
- Government encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.
- A persistently low unemployment rate.
- Median earnings of employed residents around MOP18,000 in second quarter of 2017.
- Simple taxation structure. Low tax rates.
- Multiple exemptions of industrial taxes in 2017.
- Personal income tax is between 7-12%. Tax allowance below MOP144,000.
- Two-tier social security system implemented:
- Basic social security, especially for the elderlies.
- Provident Fund Individual Account
- 15 years of free education
- Be ranked top 5 high-performing countries/regions in educational quality and equity by PISA.
- Multiple scholarships and student subsidies for our residents.
Health / Social Welfare
- Healthcare Services and health care vouchers.
- Permanent residents aged 65+ with Old-age Allowance.
- Community-initiated services supported by Govt